Kara Strachan - Workshops
Home Studio Exhibition Gallery News About Me Contact
For bookings and availability
For bookings and availability please contact Kara
Kara Strachanís Workshops
Karaís acrylic workshops run throughout the year in Kara Strachanís ground floor Studio Gallery at Curborough Countryside Centre, in a lovely rural setting on the outskirts of Lichfield, WS13 8ES.
The aim of Karaís workshops is to encourage those who are beginners and to guide those who already have skills and want to explore new techniques with acrylic paint, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
One artistís quality canvas or board and the use of an upright easel per person is provided for each workshop, unless otherwise stated. Step by step demonstration will take place throughout the day and critique and guidance will be provided.
Tea, coffee and huge slices of homemade cake will be provided for ĎElevensesí, essential for creativity.
- Acrylic paint - Kara will be demonstrating from primary palette, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cadmiun Red, Crimson, Cadmiun Yellow and Titanium White.
- Brushes of different sizes and shapes, they can be bristle of synthetic, cheap or expensive they will all make a mark of different kinds.
- Rags for smudging and dabbing.
- Although delicious ĎElevensesí are provided you may want to bring a packed lunch or pop for a quick bite on site at The Stable Takeaway or Thyme Kitchen Restaurant. There will a short break for lunch.
- Plenty of enthusiasm and creativity!
Please contact me if you are struggling with any of the above
equipment as Iím sure I will be able to help. If you have a set of acrylic
paints, please do not go out and buy more as Iím sure we can work with the
equipment you already have.
Places on Karaís workshops will be secured on receipt of payment. This can be by cheque, bank transfer or cash/credit card in person, or by post. Cheques made payable to Kara Strachan please.
New Workshop Program - January 2022 to May
New Workshop Program - January 2022 to May 2022
Current Workshop Program - June 2021 to
Current Workshop Program - June 2021 to November 2021
Workshop Program - December 2020 to March 2021 - All workshops in this programme are cancelled due to Covid Lockdown
Workshop Program - August to November 2020
Covid screens, social distancing, hand sanitisers and track and trace are all in place to make your creative day safe and comfortable. The wearing of face masks is required unless you are sat at your painting station.