Kara Strachan - Workshops
Home Studio Exhibition Gallery News About Me Contact
Kara Strachan The Art Loft Workshops April to August 2018
For bookings and availability
For bookings and availability please contact Kara
- - Discover how to use acrylic paint in thin loose washes for a warm glowing background seen through the darks and lights of the contrasting trees.
- Use dribbling techniques and other mark making to create branches, bark and Spring foliage.
- Discover how to paint using acrylic, dry and thick, with sponges and cloths, blended to create a colorful atmospheric sky
- Use the underpainting method to form the lights and darks of shadows in the landscape.
- Discover how to paint using acrylic, dry and thick, with sponges and cloths, removing paint to create soft lights and darks.
- Create the suggestion of flower heads with different forms of mark making.
- Interpret in acrylics the vibrant, varied colours and shapes of poppies in the fields
- Suggesting trees in the horizon and considering vanishing points.
- Use acrylics to underpaint and overlay to create the sun bouncing off the dunes
- Layering and flicking of paint to develop water reflection and surf.
- Work on a larger scale, looking closely at the unique structure of these striking flowers.
- Work with paint to create soft smoky textures and floral backgrounds as well as detail.
- Work large, loose and free to interpret movement and depth in a huge breaking wave.
- Create textures in the surf with sponging, flicking and brushwork.
- Work very dry to create atmosphere and movement with lights and darks of tree branches in the background. Adding and taking paint off the canvas to produce softer qualities.
- Describe, with paint dappled pathways in the summer sun.
- Encourage you to think about vanishing points and horizons in your artwork.
- Challenging you with underpainting and over layering, mirroring all that is in your sky in your sandy wet Beachscape. Mixing warm and cool tones in your paint to create perspective.